Diasporas Action for Afghanistan
From 15-16 May 2022, nearly 100 members of the Afghanistan diaspora, representing more than 70 organizationsincluding BRD, gathered in Brussels for a European Conference entitled “Diaspora Action for Afghanistan” to exchange and strategize ways to strengthen protections for persons from Afghanistan. Including follow advocacy meetings with Members of EU Parliament and as well as with ECHO (EU Humanitarian Aid), INTPA (EU Development) and EEAS (EUDiplomacy), by presenting the bellow Key recommendations
- Step-up EU’s humanitarian and development support on the ground.
- Make women’s rights one of EU top priorities pushing back on
- unacceptable restrictions to access to education & freedom of movement.
- Engage strategically with de facto authorities to ensure respect for the fundamental rights of the people of Afghanistan, including those of marginalized groups.
- Provide protection for Afghan asylum seekers in the European Union and continue support for evacuations and increased safe and legal channels for protection and integration in the EU. Call for Action Full Document